System Adminstrator – Linux
- Monitor production environments
- Familiar User management tasks like creation, deletion, disable & movement
- Working knowledge on hardware troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of ITIL Process
- knowledge about the Linux system files, boot process and Run levels
- High proficiency in communication and presentation, both written and verbal (in English)
- Committed to customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Able to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Install, configure and maintain Linux physical or virtual servers using Redhat and other major Linux distributions.
- Monitor, manage, and tune failover/clustering for High Availability Solutions.
- Provide solution and support for infrastructure and application development projects that require Linux infrastructure.
- Configuring log rotation on servers and managing logs efficiently
- Managing data using LVM (logical volume management).
- Able to trouble shoot with native systems tools like SAR (system Activity Report).
- Able to understand different modules in Linux like dmesg and dmi.
- Unix/Linux knowledge (Mandatory-L2 level) (Linux +, LPIC, RHCA, RHCE or RHCSA)
- Has good knowledge on SSH protocols and configuring key based authentication.
- Setting up Monitoring tools like Nagios, zabbix and SCOM.
- Skilled in SAMBA, NFS and SFTP configurations.
- Experienced in managing LDAP and Domain configuration in Linux.
- Has hand on experience in managing & Monitoring large number of Linux servers in a distributed system.
- Experience with large storage area networks and network attached storage environments.
- Strong experience in scripting (Pearl, Bash, Python, etc).
- Experienced in configuration of VMWare ESXi servers and administration of multiple ESXi server through vCenter
- RAID/DAS/SAN/NAS Concepts
- Good understanding of file systems.
- SQL/RDBMS, MySQL, Postgres, Database Scaling & Replication
Required Skills &Experience
- Linux Administration- Large environment
- Log management
- Patch management
- Logical volume management
- File server management
- Web Services